Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Real World

     So I've been wondering, would it really be a horrible thing to quit my job?  I've been working at the same place for over two and a half years and have grown so frustrated that going into work just ruins the whole day.  I seriously just want to cry or hit someone it makes me so unhappy.  A lot of it has to do with the fact the place has become very actor UNfriendly in the past year.  I feel like I'm constantly having schedule requests denied and trying do last minute changes to keep them happy.  But I think, after over a year of complaining about it, I've finally had my fill.  I'm done with having to apologize for wanting to advance my career.  This job was NEVER intended to be my final stop.  It was simply my way to pay my bills while I've worked on being an actor.  

     I'm lucky in that, I've been able to save quite a bit over the past year.  So when my time there is done, I'll be all right for a few months.  The main goal, of course, would be to get cast in something that gives me a reason to quit.  I think most of my hesitation comes from the fact that I have nothing to fall back on and would be unemployed for the first time since living here in New York.

     I'm curious what any readers would think, if anyone has an opinion.  Oh well, I'm just randomly venting.  I'll figure it out soon enough.  Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be figured out for me.  I really hate having to make decisions like these.  Someone else do it!

     Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment