Thursday, March 31, 2011

April's Comin'

So, the first quarter of the year is already over and all I can say is, "What the?"  It's been an odd three months during which I felt like everything in my world was going faster than I was.  With auditions, work, dance and everything else, I felt like was hardly keeping up with life.  But after today, that'll be in the past and we'll have April upon us.  Besides finally getting consistent warmer temperatures and the inevitable horror of tax time, there are three things that I'm really looking forward to this month.  Allow me to share them with you:

1)  It's my birthday!

      Now I know this first one is a bit of a cheat since it's every April but, I've always been a kid when it comes to my birthday.  I kind of like the idea of having one day that revolves around me.  I do, actually, share this day with my dad but I think once I he was born, he gave up on his own and I took over.  For the most part I've always picked a general place that anyone can afford and invited whomever wanted to come but, this year I did something a little different.  On a total whim I decided to get tickets to:

2)  The Book of Mormon!

     Out of the blue one day, I just decided that this was what I wanted to do on my birthday.  I can't lie, I've always been a fan of sarcastic, stupid(but actually, smart) humor.  The kind that borders on offensive.  But really, isn't that what makes it funny?  But one thing that makes me appreciate a show like South Park, is that everyone is a target of their humor.  I get more excited as the time gets closer because I have yet to hear a single negative thing about the show and, now that the rave reviews have come out, the show is set to, possibly, be the coolest Best Musical winner since Avenue Q(Robert Lopez who helped to write that show is also a writer with Trey and Matt on this one!)

3)  With the terror of Tax Day coming on the 15th, it's only appropriate that the third thing I'm looking forward to is set to be released on the same day.  That would be Scream 4!


     I've already mentioned this one in two previous posts so, I'll just send you to the first one here, if you'd like to know my reasons for choosing this one.  Needless to say, I think I've been waiting for this one longer than Book of Mormon and even though this one probably won't be getting any awards, I can NOT WAIT!

So, that's what I'm looking forward to in the month of April.  How about you?

Until next time...

   



No comments:

Post a Comment