Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gettin' Schooled AND Rehearsin'

Some days you get to be reminded of why you do the things you love.  This was one of those days for me...

Today was my second vocal coaching and I went in ready to start working.  It's a good thing I did too because I now have SIX new songs to start learning.  Some of which I was familiar with and some I'd never heard of.  Luckily though, I only have to have one of them ready to really work on by next week.  I'm still not sure which one I want to do so, I've got some thinking to do on that one.  This isn't Sophie's Choice so, I'm sure, I'll figure it out before next Tuesday.

The other great part of my day was my first rehearsal for A Beautiful Circle of Love and Acceptance  which will be part of the Shortened Attention Span Festival, next week.Today, we had our first read-through with the cast (there's only three of us) and the director and playwright.  I got excited because it was the first time I'd had a chance to read it out loud with other people.  Saying and hearing the lines spoken as opposed to just reading them, made it so much funnier.  

It's the kind of play that I find hilarious but, some people may find just WRONG.  Whatever though, to each their own.  Not everyone has to have my sense of humor, I guess.  Those of us involved know what a funny play it is and are excited to bring it to life.

So, it was a full day of being creative.  And the good thing is, it's really just the beginning for both projects.  Good times!  I'll be putting up info on the SAS as soon as I get some so, be prepared to get an event invite if we're Facebook friends and you live here in NYC.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment