Friday, September 11, 2009

The Pitter of Patter, pt. 2

       So, I got the e-mail yesterday that I'm going to be part of Seth's Talent Showcase at Don't Tell Mama's on Wednesday, October 28th, at 7:00. WOO HOO!!!

I'm really excited because I've never done anything quite like this before.  The show itself will consist of four or five singers who will each do ten minutes of a small cabaret show.  It's really exciting because it's a way to invite industry types (agents, casting directors, etc.)  to come and see you in a setting that, for those ten minutes, is only you.  It's a tough audition world, here in New York, and any way to be seen away form the audition room, where 100 other guys are waiting outside the door, is great!  It's also really exciting to be performing at DTM because it's a place where I've seen some really great performers and is very well known in the city.



       Now, the next step will be to find two songs and the patter in between.  It's been suggested that I start with the patter and then decide on which songs to bookend it.  I've decided that since, it's my first one of these, I'm going to talk a little about my childhood and my love of performing since almost birth.  It's funny, I'm not much of a chatty person normally.  I would even venture to say that, sometimes, I can be downright socially awkward but, if you throw me on a stage and say "GO!", it's as though I'm in another world and at home.  There's probably some issue in need of therapy there but, whatever.

       So dear reader, I'm doing the showcase (YAY!), coming up with program (a little scary) and inviting industry peeps (no idea).  I'll let you know more when I get further into writing the program.  At least it's only ten minutes, right?

       Until then....

----MC

No comments:

Post a Comment