Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Pitter of Patter, pt. 3

     So, I've started working on putting my showcase together and am finding it to be a little tougher than I thought.  I've decided to talk about my love for performing from a very early age, I may have mentioned this in an earlier post, which is actually not the tough part.  The hard part has been trying to figure out which songs to do.  Of course there are literally thousands of songs out there to do but, the trick is, finding the two that work with what I'm talking about.  Plus, doing songs I really like is a bonus and makes for a better performance.  Why waste my time doing songs I don't like?  Anyway, I've had several ideas for the song to close the set when, last week,  I found the song that I KNEW I wanted do.  I even knew how I needed to gear the patter to lead into the song.  Then I went to look for it.  So far, I'm finding that the song isn't available.  Ugh!  I guess the vocal selections aren't available but, funny thing is, I managed to find two songs from the same show that WERE available.  I think that makes it even more "ugh."  Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking.  It is still a month away, after all.

    Another part of this experience, has been inviting people to come.  I decided to create my first "Facebook Event" to invite people to come see the showcase.  Not sure it was such a good idea.  First off, I did it extremely early; the showcase is Oct. 28th and I sent the FB invites last week.  But now, I'm constantly checking to see if anyone responds to it.  So far, I have 3 confirmations (one of which is me), 7 maybes (not so bad...it IS early) and about 9 declines (yikes!).  People have lives, jobs, their own shows, just not wanting to come, etc., I understand these things.  But my anxiety has kicked in that NO ONE is going to come to this thing.  Now, I know this isn't true.  It'll all work out and whoever can come will make it.  But of course, I can't help but think, "Who's gonna want to come see you."  Lovely thought, I know.  It'll pass and things will work out.  I just need to focus on doing the best I can so that people that DO come will let the others know what they missed.  And who knows? Maybe this will lead to something else.

    So, babbling session over.  I'm going to keep looking for that song and planning this thing.  I'll let you know what happens.

    Until then....

----MC

No comments:

Post a Comment