Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gettin' Schooled

So yesterday I had my first vocal coaching in well over a year.  Probably closer to two.  How did it go?  It was scary fun.  May sound like a strange answer but, it makes sense to me.


It was an interesting start because it started off, not with singing but, with me telling a bit about my background.  Mostly education is what we talked about, which I have but, I don't think a BA in Political Science is what he was looking for.

Anyway, we got to the singing toward the end of the session and, I'm happy to report, he didn't consider me a total loss.  He started off with that, "I have to be honest...," which had me a little freaked.  I mean, really, does anyone NOT get nervous that the worst is coming when someone starts a sentence with that?  I thought I was about to hear that I was a hopeless case.

So, we have plenty of work to do.  He suggested that I redo my entire book (no shock here) with the exception of one song. (I DO love my Shrek!)  And I'm gonna, basically, work on getting the whole package back to where it needs to be.  It may take all summer but, it must be done!

While it's never fun to realize that you've got more work ahead of you than you think, I didn't leave in tears with a sense of hopelessness.  I know that I'll make this work because this is what I love to do.  Music has always been my favorite way of expressing myself.  More than talking, phone calls or FaceBook.

I'm up to the task so, I'll keep you up to speed on how it goes.  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you buddy! Forge ahead and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this new amazing Vocal Coach of yours? Did you like the new music he gave you? They sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete