Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back To Normal

macbook-pro11.jpg


For the past week, I've been without my computer.  I thought I was going to go crazy!  It's always amazing to me when I get these little reminders of how much I've come to rely on technology.  There was a, sort of, comfort level that was missing by not hearing the soft clicking of keys on the keyboard or running my fingers along the track pad to choose a link.

The problem with my computer started well over a year ago.  It started making this little buzzing noise that never seemed to stop.  I finally decided enough was enough and took it in to the Apple store where I was promptly told that "computers make noise".  No joke, that's what he said.  It should be noted that my MacBook had miraculously stopped making the offending buzz noise while I was in the store so, he heard nothing unusual.  Of course I felt like an idiot so, I took my computer home thinking the problem was in my head.

For the next year and a half, the noise would come and go and get louder and louder until it sounded as though someone one using a chainsaw in the apartment.  Finally, I called Apple and the associate, who could hear the sound through the phone, sent me to an authorized dealer because it would be "faster" than the Apple store.  The fan needed to be replaced and was covered under my warranty so it wouldn't cost anything.

The whole thing took about a week to get done but, it felt like an eternity.  I never realized how much I've come to rely on using this thing.  Not just to check my mail but, for Facebook, Twitter, to write this blog, check for auditions, etc.  I know, I know... most of that stuff I can do on the phone but, it's a lot easier to do on here.

Anyway, I'm back and all is right with the world for today.  Not sure I have anything to say but, at least I have the tool to write it when I do.  I've got couple of new auditions to write about from the last week so maybe I'll start writing about them before I forget what happened.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment