Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday... Why Still?

I just don't get it.  I don't get why people would stand in line for hours in the cold, waiting for a store to open at 3:00am, just to get something they could've easily ordered online and gotten for the same discount.  I've never gotten into the whole Black Friday thing.  I guess there's never been anything that I just HAD to have that I couldn't wait another few days for.

These days, the sales that the stores offer are also available when ordering online.  Wouldn't it be easier just to sleep in the day after Thanksgiving, get up, have your coffee and go to your store's website to get that special discount?  That seems much better to me than waiting in a mile long line for 4 hours, just to finally get into the store (which by now, resembles a war zone full of sardines) just to get into a fight with the hateful witch from across the street because she's trying to take the last Snuggie.  I mean, what's so bad about getting it online?  Sure you have to wait for it to ship but, you'll get it in a couple of days and STILL have all of your teeth and hair.

"But Marcus, it's about the excitement of getting those first deals of the season, in the store, with your friends and family," someone will say.  I don't care.  I'd rather keep my patience and sanity and spend time with my friends and family in a nice setting as opposed to spewing venom at one of them because they didn't get to that last copy of Dance Dance Revolution before the aforementioned witch (who is now missing chunks of hair) has snatched it off the shelf.

Just some random thoughts.  I'm heading to the Express website now.  I need some new sweaters and their sale lasts until noon.  But before that, I'm going to get more coffee.  What do you know?  I'm not freezing and I don't hate anyone, yet?  Well, the day's still early.  I should get it started.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. My cousin and her husband left dinner early last night to wait in line at Toys R Us to save $30 on something for their 2-year-old. I, on the other hand, would have paid $30 just to have coffee and dessert with my family. I'd also pay $30 to not waste hours in a line in 15 degree weather and deal with all the stress.

    Some people legitimately think it's fun, but for menthe opportunity cost is way too high, and I wouldn't come out ahead in the end.

    And hey, happy belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete