Saturday, November 20, 2010

Singing Through Sickness

So, I have a new audition update to share.  This one had me trying not to pass out.

This one was for the theatre, in Florida, that I had auditioned for about a month ago.  No, they didn't call me back.  They were having a chorus call for one of the shows in their season and I figured it wouldn't hurt to go back in.  Plus, I have a friend work is part of the production team so I was hoping that would give me a small advantage.

The problem was that I had gotten a stomach bug the day before that had kept me on the couch for the entire day.  It probably didn't help that I didn't eat anything that day either so, I was feeling pretty weak the morning of the call.  But, I made myself get up and go.  Plus I thought if I did well and got a good word from my friend, I might get to spend a couple of months in Florida.

Other than not going for the really high notes at the end, the song went really well.  As far as my friend putting in a word, I have no idea.  Unless they're THE person making final decisions, I'm not really sure how much pull that kind of thing can have.  Good words are always helpful no matter how high up the production chain someone is but, they can only do so much.  Plus, the show was Guys and Dolls so the people behind the table may have seen the absence of dance on my resume and probably said, "Next please."

You know what though, I still got up and went with a sickness still bugging me and did well.  Auditions are the easiest thing to blow off when you don't feel well since 99% of the time no one has asked you to be there.  So, I'm calling this one a SUCCESS!

I'm going to save another audition for another post since i've got to get going to work.  The next one involves dance.  And believe me, it ain't something I do everyday or that's ver pretty when I do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment