Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back To Business

As I've settled in to the year not being so "new" anymore, things have pretty much gotten back to their normal stride.  It's amazing how quickly I adapted to the slowed down pace of Florida but, if I'm gonna "make it" here in NYC, this is where I need to be pounding the pavement.  But for some reason, it's been a little harder to get back into the groove than I thought it would.

I had a great audition last week that, apparently, went for nothing because they wanted guys who can tap.  Well, that's not me just yet.  A friend of mine who was sitting in the audition room but has no say in casting told me that I looked "fearless" doing my song (it was the R&H Flower Drum Song).  That was nice!  And I could tell that the casting people liked me as well but, if they want to cast something a certain way they'll keep looking until they find it.

It was a solid week for the dance classes too.  I have to say, I'm really liking them.  So far, I've done mostly jazz classes because they fit into my schedule easier than tap or ballet.  I did try a tap class and was a total mess but, it'll come once I can get to the class more.  Then maybe, I won't get crossed off a casting list because I don't have tap on my resume.

We start rehearsals for Eeek! A Mousical today with a new cast member.  Megan Thomas is replacing Donna Vivino whom, I heard rumor, got a film.  So, we lose a great lady only to be replaced by a great lady.  I can't wait to get started with everything because the show goes up in 2 weeks and we've done nothing so far.  

So as you can see, today's post is just me blathering on about what's been going on lately.  Hope no one's bored.  I'll try to be more interesting next time.  Tonight, I'm going to see a new Off-Broadway show, Richard Skipper as "Carol Channing" In Concert.  That should be fun.  I've got a couple of other things brewing but, don't want to mention anything until they're official.  Have a good one all.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment