Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Show

Well, it's 2011!  I hope everyone's new year got off to a great start.  I've decided for my first post, to tell a little about the first show I'll be doing this year.  The show is called Eek! A Mousical and it's a family musical update of the Aesop Fable "The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse."  I'll be playing Brad, husband of the City Mouse.

It's been so long since I read it, I can't remember if the mice had families in the original story.  I suppose I should go back and read it, huh?  Anyway, the update has music and lyrics by John Stutte and a book and lyrics from Jack Dyville.  The show will be directed by John De Blass with choreography by Maria Zannieri.

I'm also excited because we have a great cast of people who are a part of it which includes my friend Toni L. Stanton who'll be playing my city mouse wife, Bara and, also, Donna Vivino who recently got finished playing Elphaba in the national tour of Wicked.  Both of them are great ladies and I look forward to working with them.

I think what has me most excited about the whole thing is that it's a musical.  I haven't had the chance to do one in about a year and a half when I did Gutter Star at FringeNYC.  Musicals are what I love to do most so I can't wait to get started with rehearsals.

Anyone who's around, in NYC, the weekends of Jan. 28th to 30th or Feb. 3rd to 5th can click on the show name above to learn more about the show and see if you might be interested.  Also if you'd like to learn more about F.A.C.T., the production company behind the show, click here.  They'll be working in association with Joria Productions to bring this showcase to the stage.

Hope to see you at one of the shows.  I'll keep you posted of what's going on at rehearsal.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is the start of several shows I'll be doing this year.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Post. I cannot wait to see you Guys bring this all to Life!!! Loved writing it. And oh btw, No Famalies in the original. Just 2 Guys! But wanted to bring it to the 21st Century and the computer age and adding a family made that possible and much more FUN!

    ReplyDelete