Thursday, April 22, 2010

My New Venture

So recently, I was asked by the people at Broadway Blogspot to become part of their team.  I will now be working with them as a kind of Office Manager/Public Relations/Social Networking Guru/Guy Who Researches Stuff (still not quite sure what call myself).  Basically, I'm going to be doing quite a few things that I'm really learning and trying to get a handle on.  So far, it's been a pretty exciting process and a little overwhelming.



You see, I've always been a bit of a geek when it comes to some of this stuff.  Social networking was easy to get used to when I was younger because, as a fairly quiet person, it gave me the chance to talk to people about different things without having to do it in person.  It started with AOL Chat and moved on to MySpace which has given way to Facebook and Twitter.  Oh yeah, I'm part of LinkedIn too but, I still don't get that one.  Anyway, I'm in charge of all of the BBS pages on each of those sites.  So if anyone has any questions about the site, a suggestion or any comments, I'm most likely the person they'll be corresponding with.

Also, I'm going to be doing a lot of looking at things that tell me where people are going when they visit the site.  It's a bunch of numbers and graphs but, it's going to let us know what people are most interested in so we can plan updates accordingly.  A lot of people probably think, "Ugh, who cares?" or "Zzzzzzzzz" about this stuff but, this is where the geek part of me comes out because I think it's fun looking at this stuff.  It's interesting because I despise math (sorry, Lori).  I even took a Statistics class in college and was disappointed when I realized that it dealt with the formulas that the results as opposed to just comparing the results themselves.  I like the comparing; not the math involved to get to it.

Another great thing for working with the site is the chance to communicate with people at varying levels on their performing paths.  Being a part of this world, I always love to hear input from people whether they are at a college, regional or Broadway level.  No one's stories are ever uninteresting to me because, we all have the same goal in mind; to make a living doing what we love.  We just have different ways to get there.  That's what this site is about.

So anyway, that's a little bit about what I'm going to be doing.  Hopefully, we can all make this grow into something great.  Until next time...

2 comments: