Monday, August 16, 2010

A Diva's Birthday



So for today, I decided to put up something fun!  It's Madonna's birthday and I thought that it'd be cool to have something fun to watch.  The video is her clip of Vogue from her Re-Invention Tour in 2004.  It's the only tour I've actually gotten to see in person.




When I was a kid, we didn't have MTV in my town so, I didn't see her famous Like A Virgin wedding dress performance on their first video awards show.  My first experience with her was just hearing the song on the radio.  Not being sure what a "virgin" was (I was only about 6 or 7), I automatically assumed it was something bad since I had only heard about how ungodly she was.  I was immediately enthralled with her from then on out!

There was something about the fact that she was willing to do and say whatever she wanted and not care what others thought.  Of course that's easier said than done because I still worry too much about what others think but, it was something I always admired and I've been a fan ever since.

I could go on and on about this but, not today.  For today, let's just all try to have fun and make some time to dance.  Just for today, let's try not to worry about what others think of us or take life too seriously.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment