Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Little Bollywood In Your Life

So last night, I saw my first Bollywood movie.  Now I guess, I've always had a certain image of what I expected a Bollywood film to be like.  It's hard to describe but, if you saw Moulin Rouge and remember the show they were rehearsing, "Spectacular Spectacular".  It was the show that Ewan McGregor's character was writing, throughout the movie.  Well, that's what I've always thought Bollywood to be like.



But last night, I saw a movie called Dhoom 2.  And let's just say, it was far from what I expected from a Bollywood film.  To make it easier, let me give you the Wikipedia rundown:

"Dhoom 2: Back In Action is a 2006 Indian Bollywood action film directed by Sanjay Gadhvi and produced by Aditya Chopra and Yash Chopra at an estimated budget of Rs 350 million.[1] It is the second film in the Dhoom seriesAbhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra star in the film as buddy cops Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar Fateh Khan, respectively. The duo attempt to capture Mr. Aryan (Hrithik Roshan), a professional thief whose passion is to steal rare and valuable collectibles using high-technology gadgets."


Ok so, big action movie with singing and dancing... It's the coolest thing I've ever seen!  Other than the fact that, almost everyone, speaks Hindi, you wouldn't even know that the film is Indian.  I know this isn't what most Bollywood movies are like but, it left me wanting to see more of them.


As you can see, this isn't a review.  It's more of a "this is cool and I wanted to share."  Anyway, I posted a video from the opening credits so you can see what I'm talking about.  Hrithik Rashon, one of the stars, is the one singing.   Let me know what you think.




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment