Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Year Ago Today




Today marks the 1st anniversary of Gator Music!  I'd never had a real urge to write a blog until last year.  Most blogs are written on a specific topic and seeing as I had nothing that I was much of an expert at, I was never sure what to write about.

But then, came the audition day that never was because nothing could seem to go right.  That turned into "A Day Starting With, Ugh" when I HAD to vent but had no one to vent to, at that moment.

My adult ADHD has taken over at moments when I've gone for stretches of a few months without writing anything. But, I've realized that I really like writing and this is best way for me to do it.  Blogging is supposed to be a short writing format so, I can't give up in mid-story.  Plus, it's a good way to express my thoughts whether anyone reads them or not.

So, here I am one year later and still writing.  I've actually gotten more into now that I've decided to post more on my own performing and auditioning experiences.  I've managed 61 posts, in the past year, and this will make 62.  At least, even with the droughts, I've managed more than one per week but I'm going to work to improve that.  I've been reading Stephen King's On Writing and it's made me want to write more.  So, I'm challenging myself to write one post per day but, I make no guarantees.

So, I want to say, "Thank you!!!" to those of you who've been reading along for the past year!  I got bored one day and started a Facebook page which is here.  Feel free to "like", if you want.  Also, if you have any thoughts on any of the posts, feel free to tell me.  Good or bad, I like the interaction. Besides, it might give me an idea for another post.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment